Are you overwhelmed by options when you're grocery shopping?
Even for health savvy folks, grocery shopping can be a stressful experience if you don't plan ahead and know what you're looking for. Whether you are starting from scratch, or ready to build upon your existing knowledge of healthy foods, a Grocery Store Tour is a fun and illuminating experience.
For 3 years I was a Healthy Eating Specialist for Whole Foods Market. During that time I gained a deep understanding of how to guide my clients through the shopping experience, whether it be at a conventional grocery store or a health food store.
A Grocery Store Tour is perfect for you IF:
- You have specific health concerns or food allergies, and need assistance learning how to shop and cook for those needs.
- You're a parent wanting to prepare healthier meals for your family.
- You're new to cooking and want simple, easy strategies for shopping & eating healthy.
- You want to learn how to eat healthy on a budget.
- You feel like you're a pretty healthy eater already, but want a deeper understanding of Organics, GMO's, Gluten Free, and other certifications & specifications in our current food system.
Your Tour will Include:
1 Hour tour - Customized to your needs
Blank Shopping Template & Meal Planner Handouts
Handouts on GMO's, Organics & Label Reading
My favorite quick & easy recipes
Examples of topics covered:
Read food labels and identify top ingredients that should be avoided for improved health
Learn about organic certifications, and how to choose when to buy organic vs. conventional.
Get a crash course in purchasing meat and seafood, including what kinds of certifications are important and how to read meat labels: Grass-Fed, Pasture-Raised, Organic, Natural, Free-Range????? I'll help you decipher all of these terms, so that you can shop for animal proteins that meet your personal standards.
Determine the difference between wheat vs. whole grain vs. gluten free
Find healthier snacks
Learn how to shop more cost effectively
Feel empowered when shopping