I can't begin to explain how wonderfully satisfying this kale salad is.
It's creamy, yet light.
The fresh tomatoes add a crisp sweetness that off sets the garlicy-ness in just the right way.It's truly a kale salad to rival all kale salads. (at least, that's how I feel at this moment. It's hard to play favorites with kale :)
1 bunch raw kale, washed, de-stemmed and dried
2 Large tomatoes, diced into 1" pieces, for topping
sesame seeds, to taste as garish (optional)
For the Dressing
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or water)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice, (fresh squeezed)
2 Tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 - 2 cloves of garlic (I recommend 2)
1. Break or cut kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. Puree all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth & creamy.
3. Pour dressing over kale and massage into the leaves with your hands until all pieces of kale are well coated.
4. Ideally, Let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate. You can skip this step if you'd like to eat it right away, but allowing some time to marinate will wilt the kale a bit and make it a little more palatable - particularly for those who are skeptical of eating raw kale.
5. Top with tomatoes & sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Note: Unlike most salads, this salad keeps very well. So make a double batch and enjoy it again the next day.